How to Open Company in Busy?
Company > Open Company
To open an existing company, the Company menu provides the Open Company option.
- Click the Open Company option. On clicking the Open Company option, a Select Company for Operation window appears.
- Select the company that you want to open and click the Select button.
- Search Company – Enter name of the company you want to search and same will be filtered in the list of company. This option is useful in quick searching of a company name from the list and is also beneficial when number of companies in the list is large.
- Check on ‘Show Data Size’ checkbox if you want to view data size of companies.
- Check on ‘Show Financial Year(s)’ checkbox if you want to view financial year(s) of companies.
|If you are opening a company created using a old version released before BUSY 16 (Rel 6.0) then a message box Data Conversion Required will appear. In the message box, click Convert button to convert file structure from mdb format to bds format to protect data from virus / ransom ware attacks. It is mandatory to convert file structure (mdb) to new structure(bds) to open company in new versions (BUSY 16 (Rel 6.0)) onwards.
The message box will appear only for Access data structure files and not for SQL based files.
On clicking the Select button, a window appears in which you have to enter the User Name and Password that you would have specified at the time of creation of a company in the Security Check window. After specifying the User Name and Password click the Ok button.
After you enter the correct user name and password, BUSY will open the company for you.